Saturday, January 31, 2009

Good Friends

Recently, my wife turned 26 (again). Our friends invited us out to dinner to celebrate on them. They brought her a nice little present--twice. They came by two days before her birthday, and brought her some chocolate cake with a candle, and a small gift. Then at the restaurant, they pulled out another bag full of assorted small things they had been picking up.

I guess I'm just in a very thankful mood over the last two posts, because it is so nice to have friends like this around. We have helped them, and they have helped us on numerous occasions. Generally, we don't make too many close friends. We know many people, but only have a few that we really get close to, and those we try to hang onto. I have a friend that we have stayed in contact with for almost 30 years, while others that I thought I would stay close to have drifted away.

These new friends are keepers.

Here's hoping you have a few of them in your lives as well. Stick

No comments: