Wednesday, July 30, 2008

All together now can be too close for comfort!

We just returned from a family vacation where we went and joined my brothers and sisters and their families (as many as could come) for a family reunion at my parents home. One dinner we counted between 25 and 30 people present. Now, our parents have a small, two bedroom, 1 1/4 bath home that is all of about 1000 sqaure feet or so. Needless to say, personal space was at a premium. The kids favorite saying was, "Move your feet, you lose your seat!"

We had a table and chairs set up in the front yard, five tents scattered around the perimeter, and at night it looked like Nightmare on Elm Street, with bodies lying everywhere in the front room. To add to our claustrophobic dilemna, there were several days when it rained--hard--most of the day, keeping us all inside.

We survived. We even had fun doing it. We talked, played games, watched old (and some new) movies, and caught up on what we had been doing with ourselves for the previous year.

We'll all do it again next year, and in fact look forward to it. We like making our parents happy twice--once when we come, and once when we leave.

Take care. Luv yer guts! Stick.

4 comments:

Nene said...

I just wish I could have had a seat long enough to lose my feet and lose it!

Inklings said...

I keep visualizing Mom and Dad laying prostrate on the couches with the Releif Society bringing in meals after we leave. :0) Wait...Dad would be in the recliner, laid back.

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Nene said...

Happy, happy birthday Sticks dear,
Happy days will come to you all year
If I had one wish then it would be
A happy 50th birthday to you from me!!
:0)
PS. Watch for package. Tell me if it doesn't fit.