Sunday, March 2, 2008

That four letter "S" word

The last week or so, the weather has been hinting that spring might be coming. We have had a beautiful week, with temperatures into the 40's, and one day almost 60. It didn't last. The clouds rolled in, and that white stuff is falling from the sky again. It had been so nice that I was even putting together the basketball standard that we got the kids for Christmas, and my driveway was almost clear of ice. Oh well, this too shall pass.

On a side note, and talking about small towns again. Now I know that our town is not the smallest town around, and not even the smallest we have lived in, but I need to tell one more story. We go ocasionally to a Chinese Restaurant here in town (I know Inside Stories is saying, "See, how can you say you live in a small town when you HAVE a Chinese Restaurant."). When you walk in, they ask what you want to drink--normally. When we walk in now, they immediately say, "Diet, right?", and last time in, as we paid our bill, they said, "See you next week, okay."

Nice to be known. Nicer if there was no S_ _ _! Take care. Stick. :o)

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

And here I am, complaining about temperatures when they drop into the 40s. It all depends on what you're used to I suppose.