Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Let your light so shine...

I crawled into the attic Friday to install a light in our living room ceiling. When I say "crawled", I mean I literally crawled, and in some cases, I even slithered to get back to where I needed to go. I had to hammer nails at arms length without even being able to see the nails themselves. Then, I had to turn myself around, and squeeze back through the attic to get out, by which time I was hot, sweaty, covered with insulation and dust, and my nose was running like crazy. I couldn't bring myself to go back into the attic again that day, so it wasn't until Saturday morning that I went back up to finish the wiring, but we finally have a light where there was none before.

Having finished this project, I moved to the basement where we want to install a light in our shower. I had already begun this project by chipping away the ceiling tile in the shower stall. I started to cut out the sheetrock, only to find that my selected spot included a stud right through the middle of the opening. This too shall be overcome, but it seems like every project brings on one more challenge. I can't wait until we put in the door to the garage.

Take care. Stick.

No comments: