Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hand cartin'

My wife and I have recently been asked to represent out church group in an activity to re-inact the handcart pioneers. This required us to go to Martin's Cove in Wyoming and train over this last weekend. We hiked a little over 7 miles for this training--something that was no problem for me, but turned out to be a bit of a challenge for my wife. I did end up a little stiff the next day, but worked out the kinks fairly quickly. My sweetie had a little more trouble. She had acquired a few blisters, and sore feet, so was moving a little slow the next day. We both realized that we will need to really work to be ready for this trip.

I won't go into the details here of our training, but it was very good. I worked for a program like this for youth when I was in college, so this training brought back many memories--things that I never wrote down anywhere. It has really inspired me to go back and work on my journal. I want to write down as many of those stories as I can remember.

I also met one of the other trainees who had also been a staff member with the same youth program that I had been invovled with. He and I talked for some time, reminiscing over those events.

Take care. Write it down if you want to remember it, Stick.

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Wow, this sounds fun! I wish I lived closer and could go with you!

Nene said...

Cool! I was always jealous of you when you did it in college!

Amber said...

that's really neat!