Sunday, August 31, 2008

And the hits just keep on coming!

They say that bad news comes in threes. I mentioned that My PDA bit the dust, and it is dead. My wife's PDA was replaced with a brand new unit so she's okay. Friday, I took my boys and went to a scout camp. Headed up the hill, my truck died. I still don't know what is wrong. I had to coast and tow it 20 miles back to town. I hope that I can get it repaired quickly. (Yes, I know Inklings--SEE you do need that van! If you do, you can still get it.)

Last week, we had to go to a funeral. My wife's aunt from SLC passed away. We have always tried to stop and see this aunt anytime we were in town, and in fact had seen her only a couple of weeks earlier. She fell and broke a leg, which evidently caused complications and a stroke. Why is it that we get together to see family at sad events like this, but not any other time in some families?

I had to finally go back to work this last week after almost 12 weeks off. Students come back tuesday after the holiday. We had a great keynote speaker though. The teacher from "Freedom Writer's" came along with two of her former students.

Take care. Stick.

No comments: