Monday, June 13, 2011

Somebody Wake Me--This IS A Nightmare

I got up this morning with a list of things I wanted to accomplish. First on my list was to swap out the bathroom vent/heater fan in our bathroom. Ten hours later, I still have work to do to finish the job. It turned into one thing after another to finish. I had to cut out a big square of sheet rock out of the ceiling to get the fan out, then I had to re-wire everything, because the new fan was wired on the opposite side. Then when I got it all up in the ceiling, the light didn't work! I couldn't figure it out. I tested the wiring, and found that the light only had power when the other lights in the room were off. I still don't know what is going on. I sheet rocked, and have put on the first layer of mud to seam it in. I'll figure out the power later. Maybe.

Good luck with YOUR honey-dos. Stick.

4 comments:

Delirious said...

But don't you agree that with a house full of kids, a fan in the bathroom is priceless? ;)

Mr. Giggles said...

This is why I don't do many serious projects....

Stick said...

Mr. G--This wasn't supposed to be a serious project. It just turned into one. :o(

Nene said...

We always had big problems in our downstairs full bath until my husband put in a combination vent fan/light. I love it! We even tried to get our contractors to put it in when we were redoing that bathroom and they said they didn't do them. Go figure.