Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Awash in a Sea of Misery

So, we came from work and school Monday to find our basement flooded. I vacuumed water for two days until we could get a plumber to come and snake out our drain. He ran the snake out 75' and said he was pushing something from 60' on. Now, I just have to clean all the carpets, sanitize everything in the basement (I don't even like to think about what backed up out of the shower drain!), and do about 10 loads of laundry to wash everything that got wet. It never rains, but it pours ( or floods as the case may be).

Have a better (drier) day. Stick.

6 comments:

Nene said...

Make sure you sanitize the floor too or you'll have mold. Do it quick. I had a friend who had mold overtake her whole basement. Not a pretty sight and it has taken forever to get rid of. Had to tear apart the whole thing and redo it. :0+

Sorry for your woes. ( ) - hug!

Delirious said...

I hope you don't have carpet down there! Ugh, what a mess! I feel sorry for you. :(

Stick said...

Yes, carpet, and yes, I am going to shampoo everything with a little bleach in the water to kill mold and germs.

Mr. Giggles said...

Yuck. I hope you get everything back to normal without too much hassle!

Inklings said...

I cannot send you enough hugs and sympathy!!!! I am so sorry that happened, hope you get it fixed soon. Will your homeowner's insurance pay to have it professionally cleaned up?

Stick said...

A side benefit, we are getting the basement cleaned up and the storage room organized!