Saturday, December 8, 2007

Lost and Found?

I was sitting at my desk this afternoon, when I suddenly realized that my PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) was not in its accustomed place on my desk. Horrors! I have lost my PDA! It has so much on it that I need— important dates, phone numbers, etc., not to mention all of the games and books. I thought of where I may have lost it. I retraced my steps, only to have no luck. Could someone have stolen it? Great, now I’ll never see it. I went to the main office in my building to see if it had been turned in. Again no luck. I posted an all call e-mail letting everyone in the building know that it was lost, what it looked like, and how to know if it was mine. After almost an hour of agony, I began to once again go through my day trying to think of where it could have been misplaced.

On the way to work, I had run into a traffic jam caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, and a minor accident in the tunnel on the freeway I use to get to work each day. I was delayed for almost an hour. Like normal, if I have time to kill, I took out my PDA to while away the time. In my truck, on the seat, (belted in for safety I’m sure) was my PDA. Maybe it was early Alzheimer’s, or just senility setting in early, but I was glad to find it, glad that someone had not been so low as to steal it, and only slightly embarrassed to again e-mail my associates to tell them the story.

Keep your head on straight. Have a Great day. Stick

No comments: