Friday, January 25, 2008

Author! Author!

If you have read my blog before this, you know that I am a bit of an amateur poet/songwriter. No don't wait for any of my stuff to be published, or hear one of my songs playing on the radio, it probably won't ever happen. Well, now I have branched out. I have had a story rolling around in my head like a BB in a swimming pool for about two years now, and so I've decided to write a book. I enjoy the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre, so that is the route I am taking. For a while at work, I have had too much spare time, and so had dedicated some of that time each day to writing. Iwas able to produce about a chapter a day for a while, but now things have picked up, and I find myself with less time to devote to writing. I still have 7 1/2 chapters done, averaging 1200 words per chapter, or about 4-5 paperback pages per chapter. I'm still moving right along, and so far have not had any writer's block. I have planned out enough material in my head to write 6-7 more chapters after the current one, but still don't really have a major conflict for my hero to overcome! Maybe I need to go live with my sister Inklings for a little while. Unfortunately she has conflicts to share, and they probably wouldn't fit in my story anyway.

Keep smilin'. Keep those creative juices flowing. Take Care. Stick

4 comments:

Inklings said...

Your nephew is also writing a sci fi book, your youngest brother's oldest. Mom says he has a pretty good plot going.

Inklings said...

And I doubt you are brave enough to come live with me. :0)

Stick said...

You May be right J. You hav too much drama going on for me :o)

Delirious said...

I wrote a children's book in China, never quite finished it up. I don't even know if I still have the disc. Good luck with yours